Welcome to the Home Page for our New Book
"The Really Good News About God" discusses the God of the Bible and his gracious, all-inclusive plans for his creation.
It will surprise and delight those who might think that
- God doesn't exist; or
- God is a kind, white-bearded old man who lives, somewhat disinterestedly, somewhere out there; or
- God is a mean-spirited judge keeping score of our sins and waiting to use them to consign us to an eternity in a fiery hell?
"The Really Good News About God" shows how the Bible reveals a God of unfailing love and extravagant grace with a wonderful plan to include all us, good and bad alike eventually, in his eternal family.
* * * * *
The book has a prologue and seven chapters.
- The Prologue is an invitation to imagine our world as a theatrical stage production.
- Chapter One discusses God’s extravagant love as the motivating factor for all that he does.
- Chapter Two explores God’s sovereignty – his ability to do whatever he decides and to fully achieve his purpose for his creation.
- Chapter Three describes this purpose, and the plans God has to achieve it.
- Chapter Four examines the role that Jesus Christ, God’s Son, plays in achieving God’s purpose.
- Chapter Five investigates judgement and punishment, and shows how God uses these in his plans for restoring the creation to its original intended position and condition.
- Chapter Six uses the metaphor of a perfect parent to draw the conclusion that God really has good news for all of us.
- Chapter Seven discusses how special we are and how we might respond to knowing this really good news about God.
* * * * *
"The Really Good News About God" is written in an informal, conversational style - not weighed down by theological or religious terminology - yet addresses some of the deep questions most of us wrestle with at some point in our lives.
- Who am I?
- Why am I?
- What is life?
- What is death?
- Is there a God?
- Does life on this planet have any purpose?
If you're at all interested in God's plan for the world, and your part in it, "The Really Good News About God" is an easy and refreshing read and a good place to start exploring these questions.
Use the menu items on the left to read a few brief snippets from each of its chapters.